Be A Warrior

8:00 AM






School may have started for some of you, and you may need a little inspiration to get through the school year. Some of you may worry about passing classes. I understand this anxiety. In fact,  I took English Composition One my second semester in college, and  I honestly don't know how I passed it.
I think I'm an average writer, but for whatever reason, I'm terrible writing in-class essays.  I remember studying for about two weeks for the final exam.  Since I failed most of the in-class essays the final exam would have been my life saver. Keep in mind, I needed a C in order to move on to the next English class. I never failed a class in my life, so I was worried. I didn't understand how I performed so bad on all the in class essays because I've tried, but I guess it wasn't good enough.

While I was studying for the exam, I remember telling myself that if I pass or fail this class, I'm still smart. No exam determines how smart I really am, and as long as I try then that's fine. I was the last student to turn in my essay and all I could do was wait for my final grade to be posted online. I remember feeling stressed, but I knew I would accept whatever grade I received. The teacher was the last to post the grade, and I passed the class with a C. I never felt so relieved. Needless to say, I didn't register for another English class the next semester because I needed a break from essays. I'm saying this because sometimes we have to try really hard to pass in class or in life, but even if you don't succeed it doesn't mean it's over. I would have been disappointed if I didn't  pass, but I've learned that as long as I have given my best it doesn't matter if I pass or not.

Over the summer, I listened to Kimbra's album Vows and one of my favorite songs from the album is "Warrior". Some may think the song is about women empowerment , but I think its meaning is more deeper. We all have to be our own little warriors sometimes and fight for something we believe in and putting our best efforts in doing such.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for stopping by The SLS! We love hearing from our readers, and want to know what you think about this post. Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Photos and videos used on this blog do not belong to us unless noted otherwise.. Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe