21 Life Lessons in 21 Years12:04 PM
So last month I finally turned 21 and became an official adult. I didn't feel magically different after this day-but it was awesome to celebrate it with my family and friends. Over the last few years I've changed the way I've viewed lots of things in my life. I've met many people and experienced many things that have allowed me to be more open minded, gain confidence, and mold me into the woman I am today. Here are just a few things I've learned about life and myself:
1."If you don't have the courage to take a chance your life will never change." Great quote I got from Maureen, an amazing woman I met on a plane ride to Philly.
2. You are your own brand. This doesn't only apply to celebs.
3. My friends are just one call away.
4. Being nice does NOT mean be a doormat. I've sacrificedtmy time and sanity for people who would never return the favor back. It's okay for me to be nice, but I shouldn't let anyone take advanyage of me.
5. Speak up. I have a voice and it deserves to be heard.
6. Its okay to not know all the answers. Unless your taking a test.
7. I should love myself no matter what.
8. It's okay to be a little bit conceited. Go selfie crazy!
9. Putting me first doesn't make me a bad person.
10.I know who my friends are. I've always had a hard time trying to figure out who my real friends were. Thankfully, a lot of people have shown me their true colors and I've been able to identify who's really in my circle.
11. The only expectations I need to live up to are my own.
12. Ask questions. It's better to know than to stay in the dark.
13. I'll never be happy trying to please the whole world.
14. Be proud of my work. I am such a Debbie Downer about all my work, whether its my art or writing. Still working on this.
15. Everything might not go as planned, but make plans anyway.
16. It's okay to splurge every once and a while.
17. I shouldn't be ashamed of how I feel. I'm human. My emotions aren't limited to happy and happier. I can get mad, sad, jealous, and everything in between. And that's totally okay.
18. This world doesn't define me.
19. I'm bolder than I think. Deciding to ride to New Jersey with a bunch of girls I barely knew to see a concert was a pretty ballsy decision.
20. I should be woman enough to apologize. I'm not always right, so owning up to my mistakes is a way to move forward.
21. It's okay to celebrate me. I've never really celebrated my birthday because it always seemed to happen right after a bad event. Or I was always friends with one person who shared their birthday with me. I've learned that no matter what happens, I should still celebrate the fact that I came on this earth. So yeah, party planning next year!
What are some things life has taught you about the world and yourself.