My Goals this semester

10:49 AM


A new semester means a new beginning! I feel really motivated after my trip, and really want to start making some progress to my long standing goals. Here are some of things I am looking to accomplish this school year, but I'll be taking it one Semester at a time. Here are just a few of the things I'm planning to do this fall. 

Internship Ready
One of the things I have been dying to do since starting college has been to get an internship. I'm currently a junior and know that having a little experience will really help me in my field once my post grad life begins. I'm working on getting my resume and cover letters ready to get a great gig sometime this year. I'll be heading over to the Career Development Center on campus to get as much advice as possible. 


Get involved
My college career has consisted of school and work, meaning I had little time to attend events or mingle with people on campus. This year, I want to be on campus more to be with my friends and feel more involved.This goes beyond my campus, but to my community as well. I want to make time to volunteer at some local organizations and help those who I can help.I have a busy schedule this semester, but could plan a set time apart to volunteer. I would love to help with a program that actually uses the skills I have or want to improve, but anything that helps the next generation or my community as whole would be great for me. 

Save Money
I want to be more financially prepared this year, and saving money is one way to do it. I don't have anything I'm saving for in particular, but I do want to save at least $1,000 of earned money- something I never managed to do because of unexpected expenses. Finding ways to better manage my money is another priority of mine that I learn about as well.

Hablando en Español
I've mentioned a few times before that I want to learn seven languages, and I really want to be fluent in at least two besides English. This semester I finally took the plunge and chose Spanish as my minor, and I'm working on improving my speaking skills. So maybe this time next year I'll be writing these posts in Spanish and English. 

I'll keep you guys updates on how everything is going with our semester goals. 

What goals are you working towards this semester? How are tou planning to work towards your new goals?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These are great goals! It's so important to have goals for yourself (and write them down!) to have something to work towards. I wish you the best!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I am really working on making these all happen!

      Delete
  2. Kudos for being proactive and setting goals! Many college students don't think about things like this. By the way, you just reminded me that I need to get back on my Spanish studies! I wish you the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and good luck on your Spanish as well!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your goals! I Wish I saved more money in college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm trying! It's really hard to do it with all of my random expenses.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I hope my kiddos are as focused as you when they get to college. I wasn't. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will come naturally, but I'm sure you'll be able to help him if they don't. Thanks for stopping by Kristin!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by The SLS! We love hearing from our readers, and want to know what you think about this post. Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Photos and videos used on this blog do not belong to us unless noted otherwise.. Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe